Kimber Mfg., Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, recently announced the release of the optics-ready Kimber® KHX of 1911-style handguns. Available in five new variants, all KHX models are available chambered in 9mm or .45 ACP.
With a remarkable yet functional design, Kimber KHX 1911s are ideal for a wide range of uses, such as concealed carry, home defense, and target shooting.
The optics-ready (OR) Kimber KHX is available in Custom (5-inch) and Pro (4-inch) sizes, featuring:
- Optics-ready milled slide that accepts optics plates for Vortex, Trijicon, and Leupold red dot sights
- Rear white-dot sight mounted plate for use when a red dot sight is not present
- Co-witnessing sized front white dot sight
- Stepped hexagonal slide serrations and top strap serrations for positive slide manipulation
- Match-grade barrel
- KimPro® gray finish on slide and frame
- Hogue® Enhanced MagGrip G10 grips with matching G10 mainspring housing
- Stiplex front strap stippling for grip confidence
- Premium aluminum trigger
The Pro-sized model comes with a rounded heel frame.
The Kimber KHX 1911 family also has non-optics-ready models in Custom, Pro and Ultra (3-inch) sizes. Instead of having a milled slide and red dot sight co-witnessing height white dot sights, these models utilize green and red fiber optic sights and Hogue Laser Enhanced MagGrip G10 grips, and matching mainspring housings. Both the Pro and Ultra size models have rounded heel frames.
The Kimber KHX 1911 family is priced as follows:
- KHX Custom (OR) .45 ACP | MSRP $1,087
- KHX Custom (OR) 9MM | MSRP $1,108
- KHX Pro (OR) .45 ACP | MSRP $1,087
- KHX Pro (OR) 9MM | MSRP $1,108
- KHX Custom .45 ACP | MSRP $1,259
- KHX Custom 9MM | MSRP $1,279
- KHX Pro .45 ACP | MSRP $1,259
- KHX Pro 9MM | MSRP $1,279
- KHX Ultra .45 ACP | MSRP $1,259
- KHX Ultra 9MM | MSRP $1,279
These models will be available from Kimber Master Dealers in the coming weeks.
Kimber Mfg., Inc. is an American company that designs and manufactures premium firearms for the individual, sporting, law enforcement and military markets.
What do you think of Kimber’s new offerings? Share your thoughts in the comments.