Not too long ago Patrick Kelley released an Out of the Box and Into the Match review of the HK P30 L V3 in 9mm. In this video, Patrick puts its Law Enforcement Modification (LEM) model cousin through its paces. As always, a basic new gun cleaning and lube is the only prep work Patrick does before hitting the competition range. Patrick is on a roll with this HK P30 series of handguns. Like its cousin the P30 L, the HK P30 LEM is no slouch. As long as you apply good pistol handling fundamentals, this pistol hits its mark every time. Watch this video to see why Patrick is ready to add this handgun to his collection.
“What can you say, it is an HK! They run, they feel good and they are accurate…oh and the LEM trigger…neat, safe and easy to use.” —Patrick E. Kelley
About the HK P30 LEM Trigger
The HK Law Enforcement Modification (LEM) trigger system combines the advantages of a cocked striker component – constant level of trigger pull from first to last round fired – with a double-action hammer system. Using such an enhanced trigger system consolidates ease of use and safety into a convenient, innovative trigger operation—one that reduces the chance of unintended firing. And in case of an ammunition-related failure to fire, all that is needed is an additional second or third squeeze of the trigger without the need of first pulling the slide back to re-cock the pistol. The enhanced LEM trigger system combines the reliability of a double action revolver trigger with the crisp trigger of a single action pistol.
- Special grip frame with interchangeable backstrap inserts and lateral plates
- MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rail on frame for mounting lights and accessories
- Corrosion proof fiber-reinforced polymer frame
- Polygonal bore profile for increased velocity, easier cleaning, and longer barrel life
- Multiple trigger firing modes available
- Patented HK recoil reduction system
- One piece machined slide made from nitro-carburized steel
- Corrosion resistant “hostile environment” blued finish
- Ambidextrous slide levers and
- Ambidextrous magazine release magazine
- Patented lock-out safety device
- Bobbed hammer
- Automatic hammer and firing pin safeties
Think you’ll give the HK P30 LEM a shot? Tell us what you think in the comment section!
Video courtesy of Patrick Kelley. Give him a like or follow to help him keep making these videos. Handgun courtesy of HK. Ammunition courtesy of Federal Premium. Patrick also shoots Savage Rifles with Burris Optics, uses MGM Targets, and is sponsored by us, Defender Outdoors. Got a question for Pat? Leave a comment on his video or here and he’ll get back to you as soon as he can!