Have you purchased an EOTech optic? Then you might be able to return it for full retail price. This is big news, especially for those who might have purchased their EOTech sight second-hand, or have purchased one to find that it doesn’t work in extreme conditions. The rebate is the result of a class action settlement that covers any holographic weapon sight manufactured between January 2005 and November 2016. If you purchased your EOTech before February 15th, 2017, you are eligible for a rebate of the full MSRP on the sight.
Here’s the statement the lawfirm handling the class action lawsuit:
A proposed settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit claiming that certain Holographic Weapon Sights (“HWS”) made by the EOTech division of L-3 Communications Corporation do not perform as advertised, resulting in, among other things, inaccurate shot placement. EOTech stands by its products and denies it did anything wrong. However, EOTech has settled to avoid the cost and distraction of litigation.
You are a Class Member if you own certain EOTech HWS manufactured between January 1, 2005 and November 1, 2016 and purchased for personal use before February 15, 2017 or if you previously received a refund from EOTech for a Holographic Weapon Sight. The date of manufacture can be found on the underside of the sight. A complete list of eligible sights is found in Section No. 5. Their Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) is available HERE.
The settlement will provide a cash payment and/or vouchers. The amount of the payment or voucher will vary; see FAQ 9 for amounts. To be eligible for a benefit under this settlement:
- You must be a resident of the United States who is the current owner (by purchase or gift) for personal use of an EOTech Holographic Weapons Sight with one of the model numbers listed in FAQ 5.
- You must have purchased or otherwise acquired (for example by gift) a Holographic Weapons Sight for personal use on or before the February 15, 2017 and manufactured by EOTech between January 1, 2005, and November 1, 2016.
- If you previously received a refund from EOTech, you will automatically receive benefits under the terms of the proposed Settlement. See FAQ 7.
- If you have not previously received a refund from EOTech, you may choose to receive a settlement benefit.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. You are encouraged to check the this website periodically because it will be updated with additional information.
If you have one of the EOTech weaponsights covered in the settlement, you can submit your claim here. If you’d like to learn more about the settlement and read the the details regarding the lawsuit, you can find out mere here: http://www.fostersettlement.com.